Sunday, August 14, 2011

Triatha-Mom

Triatha-Mom

I am doing it! I can't believe I am doing it!! But I am really doing it. Every Saturday when I Swim/Bike/Run, I try to envision how fun it will be to cross that finish line. I don't know if I have ever crossed a finish line in my lifetime. Does finishing marching in a parade in Marching Band count?

I still feel SO incredibly out of shape to do a thing like this, but I have a feeling-- at this particular event -- I won't be the only one feeling that way. Already I am thankful for my friends who have pushed me to do this. And I am incredibly thankful for my wonderful husband who had a good talk with me about doing it and how he inspired me to continue in a way that only he can.

A crazy thing happened when I was training yesterday.... I did my swim and bike like normal. After last week, I had decided that I was going to discontinue running and just speed walk the run portion of the race. Well, I started my 35 minute speed walk on the treadmill intending to walk the whole time. Then, as I had increased my speed to 4.0 mph, it happened. I. WANTED. TO. RUN................. I didn't run for long or very fast, but I ran... not because the timer told me to, not because the training schedule said I needed to do so much running. But because I WANTED to. I don't know how much total time I ran (it wasn't much), but I am going to continue to train that way... run when I feel good and when I want to. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to run (and I mean run) that 5k someday after all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, CC! Keep training hard! I am sure you are going to do great! I can't wait to read your follow-up post!